Monday, August 19, 2013

REFLECTIONS ON WEEK 1

1.  I have quite a busy schedule with academics, family, and volleyball especially in the spring time since I play for a high-level volleyball club team that is an hour away from where I live. My club team practices 3 times a week along with tournaments every weekend in Anaheim. Also, my sister plays there as well on a different team due to her age, so we leave the house at 3:30 pm and don't get home till around 10:30 pm since our practices are never at the same time. I have played for this club team for 2 years and it has effected my participation and efforts in the past, but it wasn't as bad as you would think. It actually mostly affected my amount of sleep because I would rather not get any sleep than not complete my assignments. Now, last year, I learned how to be better with time management since I took more AP classes than I did in years previous, so I don't think that it will be a major problem...well at least I hope not.

2. The best learning experience I have ever been a part of was Mrs.Bryne's honors English class in 10th grade. I was never a big fan of English since I had trouble putting my thoughts on paper in an organized manner, but Mrs. Bryne helped me figure out how to do that in a high-level way. In addition, I absolutely loved being a part of her class. The whole environment and course gave me so many opportunities to learn and also I adored all of the books we read, so that made her class much more enjoyable as well. Overall, I learned how to be a better writer, student, and person.

3. I'm extremely excited for this class because I love the idea of individuality and being able to express yourself while learning. There are many rules and guidelines in other classes that prevent students from being able to show who they truly are because they would rather follow those rules and get an A than be themselves. Now, I am concerned about the work load of this course since I play on a high-level club team and have three other AP courses, but I personally believe that this class will prepare me for college and the real world, which will give me more opportunities to achieve success later on in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment