Saturday, August 10, 2013

Live Like Jay

"What are you afraid of? You've got a chance to change everything. Take it. This is about choices you make in life. This is about finding that one thing that sets you free. You need to believe in yourself or none of this matters."

In less than a few days, summer will come to a close and another school year will begin. Like most of us, I spent my summer either hanging out with my family or friends and watching a good amount of Netflix. Recently, I watched a movie called Chasing Mavericks, which is based on the life of Jay Moriarity (a professional surfer, who is famous for surfing Mavericks in Half Moon Bay, California). I was originally drawn to the movie since I grew up in Half Moon Bay, so I was already sort of emotionally connected to film before I even started watching it, but after watching the movie, I feel like I have a new point of view on life. The quote above was my favorite in the entire movie because it's about being yourself and taking chances to better yourself as a person both inside and outside. In addition, the title of this post, Live Like Jay, is a motto about how Jay Moriarity always looked on the positive side of life instead of the negative even though he had been through the toughest of times. I try my best to always look on the bright side of life and after seeing this film, I want to be able to be more positive than I ever was before and to be more grateful for what I have. I'm so glad I watched this film because it just reminds me that life is precious and we should live it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment