Sunday, October 27, 2013

What I think about when I think about Act 3 of Hamlet

The first thought that went through my mind after reading Act III was what the hell just happened?! The murder of Polonius was so nonchalant and lacked any emotion. That was extremely shocking for me because it shows how Hamlet is so emotionally invested in revenge. He's let go of all morals in order to get this revenge, which I believe will lead to him losing himself completely. The fact that he was able to murder Polonius and just drag him out like he was a suitcase is just one example of Hamlet's loss in self. In addition, it shows how Hamlet thinks of him as a pest or rat and lacks importance in any manner. Now, another event that shocked me was Claudius's reaction to the play. I foreshadowed that he was going to have no emotion towards the play and remain calm, cool, and collected, but that was the opposite of what happened. Claudius reacted violently to the play and had to leave the room. He starts to pray of forgiveness, but he isn't able to do it because he knows what he was did was extremely wrong. This event shows how Claudius is human and is not just this monster which is what Hamlet has portrayed him as. Overall, this Act was action packed and I look forward to reading the rest of the play. I have a feeling things are going to take a turn for the worse, but I have no idea what is going to happen next.

No comments:

Post a Comment